Perhaps one of the most overlooked aspects of property management is tenant screening. Simply finding a renter is only half the battle. If you end up with someone who doesn’t pay or someone who is going to destroy your property, you would have better off having no one in there at all! This is why tenant screening is so important and why we spend so much effort making sure the tenant will respect and maintain the property.
Some of the measures we use to screen potential tenants are:
- Rigorous, in-depth application
- Credit check
- Criminal background check
- Record check to ensure no prior evictions
- Verification of income and job history
- Interview previous landlords to determine rental history
- One on one interviews
Still concerned about evictions? Red Door Property Management is the only property management company in the Franklin Township region to offer our exclusive Eviction Protection Program which covers the cost of evictions so our Owners can rest assured they will not be surprised with a costly attorney’s bill should an eviction be necessary.
The actually leasing of the property might seem simple, but many steps are needed to insure your lease is handled properly, legally and in a way that protects your assets including:
- Attorney written lease agreements
- Collection of all rents and security deposits
- Review of HOA rules for your community
- Signed tenant inspection list
- Detailed 50+ page move in and move out inspection with detailed photos.
- Tenant move in and move out videos of the home that are emailed to both tenant and owner to better document the condition of the home.
- Lease execution and termination
Here is an example of our detailed move in inspection report:
Watch this video to see an example move in / move out video we conduct for every owner at every move in and move out. We go the extra mile for our customers:
Property Maintenance is another would-be headache for potential landlords that we handle on behalf of our clients. Inevitably something is going to break and tenants are going to call in the middle of the night. It is our job as your property manager to handle these details for you.
Red Door Property Management handles all of these items including:
- Coordinate repairs with our trusted contractors
- Handling all tenant calls
- Paying contractors (repair costs are deducted from owner’s escrow account)
- Property Finances / Owner Tools
- We are a tech savvy company and invest in the most up to date technology to offer our clients and renters the best possible experience. Both owners and renters have 24/7 access to their “portals” which gives them all the information they could possibly want about their particular unit including:
- Online rent payment for tenants
- E-deposits right into owners bank accounts
- View and approve work orders
- Instant access to all expenses
- On-line reports (Click here to see an example of our monthly accounting reports)
- Vacancy status
- Instant communication
Need repairs done to your home to get it ready for the rental market but don’t have the capital to complete these necessary repairs? Red Door Property Management can help! We have developed a new program for home owners who understand that having a marketable property will attract a better tenant faster but just may not the funds immediately available. It is another exclusive to RDPM and we call it our Repair Cost Deferral Program. It lets you make the needed repairs without paying for it until the home is rented out.
As you can see we do A LOT for our clients and truly do treat every home as if it was our own. We may not be the cheapest property management company but all you need is one bad experience with a cheap company to wish you had never gone down that road. If all of this sounds good to you, please feel free to call us at 317-660-1626 or fill out our owners application and someone will get back to you shortly.
Franklin Township Area Information
Franklin Township is one of the nine townships of Marion County, Indiana, United States. Located in the southeast corner of the county, it has been subsumed into the city of Indianapolis along with most of the rest of the county. It contains the communities of Acton, Wanamaker, and the eastern portion of the excluded city of Beech Grove.
Franklin Township was organized in the 1820s. Franklin Township is one of the last areas in Marion County to see heavy suburban land development from the outward expansion of Indianapolis. This is primarily because of a history of family farms in the area, but is also due to various civic efforts to maintain a rural atmosphere in the area over time.
The population of the township as of the 2010 census was 54,594, up from 32,080 in 2000.
The township has a median income of $70,000. Source From Wikipedia