Carmel Property Management
Let Us Manage Your Carmel Rental Property
At Red Door Property Management, we treat every property like it is our own and use every resource available to protect your investment for you. We take great pride in protecting our client’s investments and love to go the extra mile to make our clients raving fans. Some of these extra mile services include: tenant move in and move out videos emailed to owner and tenant, automatic e-deposits for owners, and 24/7 online access to view every detail about your rentals.
Property Management involves a whole lot more than just finding a renter including: marketing, tenant screening, leasing, maintenance, and accounting just to name a few. RDPM knows that failure to execute every one of these steps at the highest level could result in lost profit. That is why we are committed to performing each one of these tasks as if our own home was on the line.
The Benefits of using Red Door Property Management
Marketing is the initial step when trying to rent a home. We at Red Door recognize the power of technology and employ a vast array of strategies both online and off to get your home rented as quickly as possible. If we are able to rent your home out just 30 – 60 days faster than either doing it yourself or someone with less marketing, you will have already paid for all your property management fees for the year! Here is how we do it:
- In depth analysis of comparable rents –We run an in depth analysis to make sure your home is not priced too low or too high.
- Suggest any improvements to achieve maximum rent – Sometimes a few small improvements can add to the bottom line. We know the market and make suggestions for you to achieve maximum profit.
- Internet Campaign – We utilize our own vast network of websites along with sharing our listings with hundreds of other local and national websites to get your property the most exposure possible.
- Print ads – A waning technology, but we still use print ads on a limited basis.
- MLS – MLS – Homes listed in the MLS will have the added exposure of 1,000’s of other Realtors and their clients have access to them. (Additional fee applies for MLS advertising)
- Signs – Of course we have signs in the ground and we actually answer our phones and return messages!
Inquire About Our Services
Recent Property Management News
Fishers Indiana Rental Market Update April 2023
Importance of a detailed Market Readiness Assessment
How to Maintain Your Indianapolis Investment Property over Time
Perhaps one of the most overlooked aspects of property management is tenant screening. Simply finding a renter is only half the battle. If you end up with someone who doesn’t pay or someone who is going to destroy your property, you would have better off having no one in there at all! This is why tenant screening is so important and why we spend so much effort making sure the tenant will respect and maintain the property.
Some of the measures we use to screen potential tenants are:
- Rigorous, in-depth application
- Credit check
- Criminal background check
- Record check to ensure no prior evictions
- Verification of income and job history
- Interview previous landlords to determine rental history
- One on one interviews
Still concerned about evictions? Red Door Property Management is the only property management company in the Carmel region to offer our exclusive Eviction Protection Program which covers the cost of evictions so our Owners can rest assured they will not be surprised with a costly attorney’s bill should an eviction be necessary.
Click here to learn more about our Eviction Protection Program.
The actually leasing of the property might seem simple, but many steps are needed to insure your lease is handled properly, legally and in a way that protects your assets including:
- Attorney written lease agreements
- Collection of all rents and security deposits
- Review of HOA rules for your community
- Signed tenant inspection list
- Detailed 50+ page move in and move out inspection with detailed photos.
- Tenant move in and move out videos of the home that are emailed to both tenant and owner to better document the condition of the home.
- Lease execution and termination
Here is an example of our detailed move in inspection report:
Watch this video to see an example move in / move out video we conduct for every owner at every move in and move out. We go the extra mile for our customers:
Property Maintenance is another would-be headache for potential landlords that we handle on behalf of our clients. Inevitably something is going to break and tenants are going to call in the middle of the night. It is our job as your property manager to handle these details for you.
Red Door Property Management handles all of these items including:
- Coordinate repairs with our trusted contractors
- Handling all tenant calls
- Paying contractors (repair costs are deducted from owner’s escrow account)
- Property Finances / Owner Tools
- We are a tech savvy company and invest in the most up to date technology to offer our clients and renters the best possible experience. Both owners and renters have 24/7 access to their “portals” which gives them all the information they could possibly want about their particular unit including:
- Online rent payment for tenants
- E-deposits right into owners bank accounts
- View and approve work orders
- Instant access to all expenses
- On-line reports (Click here to see an example of our monthly accounting reports)
- Vacancy status
- Instant communication
Need repairs done to your home to get it ready for the rental market but don’t have the capital to complete these necessary repairs? Red Door Property Management can help! We have developed a new program for home owners who understand that having a marketable property will attract a better tenant faster but just may not the funds immediately available. It is another exclusive to RDPM and we call it our Repair Cost Deferral Program. It lets you make the needed repairs without paying for it until the home is rented out.
Click here to learn more about our exclusive Repair Cost Deferral Program.
As you can see we do A LOT for our clients and truly do treat every home as if it was our own. We may not be the cheapest property management company but all you need is one bad experience with a cheap company to wish you had never gone down that road. If all of this sounds good to you, please feel free to call us at 317-660-1626 or fill out our owners application and someone will get back to you shortly.
Carmel Area Information
Carmel is a suburban city in Hamilton County, Indiana, United States, located immediately north of Indianapolis. It has been one of the fastest-growing communities in the country. In 2012, Carmel was selected as the "Best Place to Live in the United States" by CNN Money magazine, and received the same designation by Niche.com in 2017. The population was 79,191 as of the 2010 and was estimated to be 91,065 in 2016 by the US Census Bureau, making it the fifth-largest city in Indiana.
Carmel was originally called "Bethlehem" and, under the latter name, was laid out and platted in 1837. The original settlers were predominantly Quakers. Today, the plot first established in Bethlehem, located at the intersection of Rangeline Road and Main Street, is marked by a clock tower, donated by the local Rotary Club in 2002. A post office was established as "Carmel" in 1846. The town of Bethlehem was renamed "Carmel" in 1874, at which time it was incorporated. Source From Wikipedia